Education for everyone
Welcome to The Peer Tutor! We set up The Peer Tutor because we have seen first hand the benefits that can be gained from peer to peer tutoring. Many schools are now using peer to peer tutoring to reinforce and supplement lessons. By setting up The Peer Tutor, we hope that the benefits of tutoring can be extended into the home, to enable everyone to reach their potential and be the best that they can be!
- 27% of 11-16 year olds have had tution.*
- 34% of those from a more affluent home had tutoring vs 20% of those from less affluent homes.*
(*source: The Sutton Trust Report on Private Tuition 2019)
We hope to help address this inequality by assigning a portion of our profits to provide free lessons for underprivileged children.
Peer tutoring has been shown to have a positive impact on learning, with an average positive effect equivalent to approximately five additional months of study. Research has identified benefits for both tutors and tutees, and for a wide range of age groups. Though all types of pupils appear to benefit from peer tutoring, there is some evidence that pupils who are low-attaining and those with special educational needs make the biggest gains.
Affordable and Fair
We listened to what Parents and Tutors wanted, so here at The Peer Tutor:
- Tutors start at just £15/hour, making our tutoring more accessible.
- All Tutors are vetted, we collect credentials, references, and student ratings to give you the peace of mind that you're getting the best.
- Tutors keep the majority of the fee they charge and get paid 7-10 working days after each session.